405 error from doCreateItem on 2.46.3, not on 2.46.1

Matt Rabe

Jun 16, 2017, 5:13:38 PM6/16/17
to Jenkins Users
Got an issue with Nodepool / Jenkins setup, we're trying to upgrade to 2.46.3 but Nodepool fails with a 405 on the GET (it needs to be a POST) request to add the Jenkins node. In 2.46.1 this GET request succeeds and the node is added. I'm wondering what changed so I have something to point to with Nodepool if a fix needs to go in there.

Baptiste Mathus

Jun 16, 2017, 5:16:03 PM6/16/17
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
You probably want to test 2.46.2, then start a git bisect to identify the commit that introduced this possibly.

Cheers

Got an issue with Nodepool / Jenkins setup, we're trying to upgrade to 2.46.3 but Nodepool fails with a 405 on the GET (it needs to be a POST) request to add the Jenkins node. In 2.46.1 this GET request succeeds and the node is added. I'm wondering what changed so I have something to point to with Nodepool if a fix needs to go in there.

Matt Rabe

Jun 20, 2017, 1:19:19 PM6/20/17
to Jenkins Users, m...@batmat.net
I'm not all that familiar with Jenkins source but what I did anyway was git log between the 2.46.1 and 2.46.2 tags and scanned the commit messages for anything that looked obvious, and it was just that:

commit ae402ba139df82f3d105b9e070444f1849543fce
Author: Daniel Beck <daniel-beck@users.noreply.github.com>
Date:   Sat Apr 1 02:35:27 2017 +0200

[SECURITY-419] RequirePOST for creating a new node

This appears to be apart of https://jenkins.io/security/advisory/2017-04-26/. So I'll need to get a bug opened on nodepool.

Thanks!