Restricting job list permission using Role-Based Strategy

Maneesh M P

Oct 14, 2016, 2:59:15 AM10/14/16
to Jenkins Users
Hello,

We are using Role Based Strategy plugin for our authorization. The problem I am currently facing is, I am unable to restrict user to view jobs only which he is authorized to.
With my current configuration a logged in user can see all the jobs, though he wont have any other permission to execute or configure etc.

Is there a way I can control the job listing also with Role Based strategy plugin ?

Thanks,
Maneesh

Brian Ray

Oct 14, 2016, 12:17:20 PM10/14/16
to Jenkins Users
The wiki page for the plugin describes how to restrict user access to certain jobs (projects).

Note the warning about global roles superseding project roles.