methods for setting up Jenkins Update Center Site Mirrors

Tim Black

Dec 17, 2020, 10:59:53 AM12/17/20
to Jenkins Users

I've been using Ansible and Configuration-As-Code plugin to prop up Jenkins Clusters at my company, and I want to prop up a local mirror to prevent the frequent connection timeouts downloading the main jenkins.war and/or the plugins from the various (official) sites, as well as generally speed up the provisioning process.

I found the jenkins update site generator project and some forks which provide some guidance on setting up a private mirror - is anyone out there using this approach to create update site mirrors? I seek to learn from others that have done this before, to learn about any pitfalls inherent to this process.

Thanks for your time!