Using jenkins as a base image for Docker conatainer

jorge alarcon

Sep 28, 2017, 11:06:47 PM9/28/17
to Jenkins Users
Hello everyone,
I am porting some old code I had for jenkins, version 1.X.X. For this I had a Dockerfile that looked like this:

FROM jenkins:1.609.1

MAINTAINER Jorge Alarcon

# Create Jenkins Log Folder
USER root
RUN mkdir /var/log/jenkins
RUN chown -R jenkins:jenkins /var/log/jenkins
USER jenkins

# Set default options
ENV JAVA_OPTS="-Xmx8192m"
ENV JENKINS_OPTS="--handlerCountStartup=100 --handlerCountMax=300 --logfile=/var/log/jenkins/jenkins.log"

However, If I use jenkins 2.60.X or the image jenkins/jenkins:lts when I run docker run -p 8080:8080 -p 5000:5000 myjenkins, there is no jenkins server visible on localhost:8080.
As a matter of fact the container is not even really running.
I was wondering if anyone else has come upon the same issue?

Message has been deleted