Azure pull request plugin?

David Maul

Nov 19, 2020, 10:33:14 AM11/19/20
to Jenkins Users
Jenkins has a plugin for pull requests from most cloud services:   Why not Azure?

David Maul

Nov 19, 2020, 10:35:57 AM11/19/20
to Jenkins Users
Mailer left out my image.  Wondering what the approach is when the cloud repo is Azure.   From jenkins documentation:

Supporting Pull Requests

Multibranch Pipelines can be used for validating pull/change requests with the appropriate plugin. This functionality is provided by the following plugins:

Slide

Nov 19, 2020, 10:54:59 AM11/19/20
to Jenkins User Mailing List
Hi David,

Most of those are SCM providers. Azure in and of itself is not an SCM provider. What type of functionality are you looking for?

Regards,

Alex

David Maul

Nov 19, 2020, 11:02:11 AM11/19/20
to Jenkins Users
Azure DevOps hosts Git repos, so I consider them a SCM provider.

I have pull requests emanating from Azure Repos, and arriving (via smee.io broker) at my local Jenkins infrastructure (not in cloud).  I am trying to us Multibranch pipeline job to build those PRs, but I cannot figure out how to get it to build the "merged" commit.  It currently only builds the source branch and the target branch, but not the "what if I merged the two", which is what a PR reviewer wants to see.  Any help or pointers you might have would be appreciated.

Richard Bywater

Nov 19, 2020, 2:22:14 PM11/19/20
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Azure DevOps is pretty new compared to the other options and so it's probably a case of that it's not been well enough used for someone to consider writing a plugin to support it. These plugins are generally written for and by the community and so it requires someone to put up their hand to write it. I'd say the fact it's a paid service also makes it harder to support as there's now a cost factor to maintaining it.

As to your merge issue, I could be wrong but I think the plugins expect a merged version of the code to be presented by the SCM provider. Does Azure DevOps present a ref which contains a merged result?

Richard.

David Maul

Nov 19, 2020, 3:38:55 PM11/19/20
to Jenkins Users
Thanks Richard.  Your comments make sense.  After hours of not seeing the correct ref, now I believe I am seeing it.  I must have changed something...!  Thanks for your attention.

David Maul

Nov 19, 2020, 4:50:41 PM11/19/20
to Jenkins Users
Turns out my eyes were fooling me.  Yes, the ref is contained in the webhook JSON received from Azure DevOps.  I just haven't figured out a way to extract that value from the JSON.  If anyone has any ideas, I'm all ears.

thanks