jenkins pipeline scripts are blank in the UI after upgrade

Konstantinos Christidis

Oct 17, 2019, 1:22:26 PM10/17/19
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I have upgraded Jenkins from 2.176 to 2.190.1 as well as the suggested plugins (the ones without dependencies) and I am facing the following issue.

I am creating a Pipeline script and I am saving the job. Afterwards I am opening the same job and the Pipeline script is empty in the UI.

If I don't Save/Apply the empty job I can see the 'Hello World' log in the Console output when running the job.
If I save the empty Pipeline script then it is completely lost..

https://i.paste.pics/70EV5.png

I had to revert Jenkins back to 2.176 (from a backup) as this was affecting all my jobs.

Mark Waite

Oct 17, 2019, 2:58:20 PM10/17/19
to Jenkins Users
Can you explain what you mean by "the ones without dependencies"?  I would guess you mean that you updated some of the plugins when you switched to the new release, but did not update all of the plugins.  If so, then you may have detected an incomplete or incorrect definition of dependencies between plugins.

Before you reverted back to 2.176, did you try updating all the plugins, instead of just the "ones without dependencies"?

Thanks!
Mark Waite

kochrist

Oct 17, 2019, 4:06:38 PM10/17/19
to Jenkins Users
Right, I have only updated the suggested plugins, the ones that were marked eligible for update.
No I didn't try updating then all before reverting back.

kochrist

Oct 25, 2019, 6:41:09 AM10/25/19
to Jenkins Users
I've just updated Jenkins again from from 2.176 to 2.190.1, this time I didn't update the plugins and the issue didn't come up.

kochrist

Dec 3, 2019, 4:54:14 AM12/3/19
to Jenkins Users
The same issue has been reported here:

The solution was to skip upgrading the "Prometheus metrics" plugin.
If you have already updated the plugin, then downgrade it and restart JS.