Jenkins updates web site returns 404 errors when downloading plugins

Damien Coraboeuf

Jun 17, 2019, 4:07:06 AM6/17/19
to Jenkins Users
Hi,

This morning, we keep having 404 errors when downloading plugins from https://updates.jenkins.io, for example: https://updates.jenkins.io/download/plugins/pipeline-milestone-step/1.3.1/pipeline-milestone-step.hpi (just an example, all kinds of plugins are impacted).

We have this issue from our workstations or from our AWS EC2 instances (eu-west-1).

Is that a known issue?

Thanks,
Damien

Damien Coraboeuf

Jun 17, 2019, 5:33:10 AM6/17/19
to Jenkins Users
Note that the issue can be reproduced very easily:

Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not.

Damien Coraboeuf

Jun 17, 2019, 6:42:13 AM6/17/19
to Jenkins Users
Problem identified and followed up at https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/INFRA-2154

Thomas Riccardi

Jun 17, 2019, 7:42:06 AM6/17/19
to Jenkins Users
From a europe-west1 GCP instance I even get timeouts:

Checking update center connectivity
java.net.SocketTimeoutException: connect timed out

Sometimes I get a reply after > 20s.