Pipeline durability in GitHub Organization Project

Jan Kosecki

Jul 12, 2019, 8:04:58 AM7/12/19
to Jenkins Users
Hi,

I've got a GitHub Organization Project that loads all requested repositories of the organization and builds them using Jenkinsfiles inside each repository.
I've read this article https://jenkins.io/blog/2018/02/22/cheetah/ and I'm tempted to set dev builds to use "PERFORMANCE_OPTIMIZED" and only release builds to use "MAX_SURVIVABILITY".
I tried to use "options {
durabilityHint('PERFORMANCE_OPTIMIZED') }" like in article but it gets rejected by jenkins.

Invalid option type "durabilityHint". Valid option types: [ansiColor, catchError, checkoutToSubdirectory, lock, retry, script, skipDefaultCheckout, timeout, timestamps, waitUntil, warnError, withAWS, withContext, withCredentials, withEnv, ws] @ line 94, column 11.
             durabilityHint('MAX_SURVIVABILITY')

How can I set durability for different builds in GitHub Organization Project?

Mark Waite

Jul 12, 2019, 8:10:22 AM7/12/19
to Jenkins Users
The durabilityHint symbol is provided by the workflow-job plugin.  Do you have that plugin installed?

Thanks!
Mark Waite

Jan Kosecki

Jul 12, 2019, 8:37:56 AM7/12/19
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I do.
From what I see, "workflow-job" ID references "Pipeline: Job" plug-in chuj I have installed.

Mark Waite

Jul 12, 2019, 12:43:08 PM7/12/19
to Jenkins Users
Are you running the most recent releases of the Pipeline plugins?  That symbol was first included in workflow job plugin version 2.17.

Thanks!
Mark Waite

Jan Kosecki

Jul 12, 2019, 12:48:55 PM7/12/19
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I'm using version 2.33.

Devin Nusbaum

Jul 12, 2019, 12:59:55 PM7/12/19
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
You might be running into https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-48556, where Declarative is intermittently unable to recognize valid option types. Some things that could cause that issue were fixed in Pipeline: Declarative 1.3.3, but I have seen reports from users on newer versions as well, so I think there are still some problems.

If you have any way to consistently reproduce the issue, or see any patterns on when it occurs, that would be helpful.