Unable to Register Account for Jenkins Jira

Brent Spector

Jan 19, 2021, 2:25:29 PM1/19/21
to Jenkins Users
I attempted to create a new account at https://accounts.jenkins.io/signup but the process errored out at `/doSignup`. This prevented me from setting a password. Attempting to reset my password does send the email to the correct address, but clicking the link sends me back to https://accounts.jenkins.io/login which is the place I can't log into because I don't have a password. Username is brentspector.

Marky Jackson

Jan 19, 2021, 2:26:03 PM1/19/21
to jenkinsci-users
We are currently experiencing issues with Jira and LDAP

On Jan 19, 2021, at 10:40 AM, Brent Spector <bspect...@gmail.com> wrote:

I attempted to create a new account at https://accounts.jenkins.io/signup but the process errored out at `/doSignup`. This prevented me from setting a password. Attempting to reset my password does send the email to the correct address, but clicking the link sends me back to https://accounts.jenkins.io/login which is the place I can't log into because I don't have a password. Username is brentspector.

signature.asc

Mark Waite

Jan 19, 2021, 2:29:50 PM1/19/21
to Jenkins Users

On Jan 19, 2021, at 10:40 AM, Brent Spector wrote:

I attempted to create a new account at https://accounts.jenkins.io/signup but the process errored out at `/doSignup`. This prevented me from setting a password. Attempting to reset my password does send the email to the correct address, but clicking the link sends me back to https://accounts.jenkins.io/login which is the place I can't log into because I don't have a password. Username is brentspector.

I don't see any entry in the Jenkins user database for the user "brentspector".  I suspect that the original signup process did not complete.  Could you try to signup again?

If you're willing to try a different flow, try using https://beta.accounts.jenkins.io for the signup rather than https://accounts.jenkins.io

Mark Waite

Brent Spector

Jan 19, 2021, 2:35:55 PM1/19/21
to Jenkins Users
I attempted to use the different flow, but received the following error for my username and email.

Username already exists.
Email already exists.

Mark Waite

Jan 19, 2021, 2:55:43 PM1/19/21
to Jenkins Users
Thanks for checking.  I see your account now on the Jenkins LDAP server.  I'll contact you through that email address for next steps.

Brent Spector

Jan 19, 2021, 4:52:25 PM1/19/21
to Jenkins Users
Issue resolved. Thank you for the help Mark.