CI/CD Jenkins for Non Java projects

samy raj

Nov 2, 2017, 1:44:08 AM11/2/17
to Jenkins Users
Hello All,
I am looking for a simple project example which has non-java for a complete cycle of DevOps. I have a requirement for a project which has just many configuration files, Unix script files. I am able to move them into github. But, I need to understand how to build and to write deployment pipeline. Before deployment I need to modify those files by updating few environmental related variables as it differrs between QA and Prod.  I am searched many tutorials all are providing example with java build.You advise on my question is much appreciated.

itchymuzzle

Nov 2, 2017, 9:29:05 AM11/2/17
to Jenkins Users

#! /usr/bin/env groovy
pipeline {
    agent any
    parameters {
        string(name: 'Version', defaultValue: '2.3.0', description: 'What is the release version?')
    }
    stages {
        stage('Build') {
            steps {