Suppressing certain builds

jeremy mordkoff

Sep 17, 2020, 12:17:36 PM9/17/20
to Jenkins Users
I use scripted pipelines

I would like certain builds to abort early. (1) if it is just a branch creation event, (2) if the commit message is "bump" and (3) if the only change was in certain submodules.

I think I know all the pieces to make this work -- I can write a tool that could determine if a build was needed or not. What I don't know is what is the best way to abort the pipeline. Do I set the currentBuild.status and return? Or do I need to wrap all of the subsequent stages in an if?

zil...@gmail.com

Sep 17, 2020, 3:30:01 PM9/17/20
to Jenkins Users
Can you give a simple example?

jeremy mordkoff

Sep 17, 2020, 4:07:09 PM9/17/20
to Jenkins Users

node {
 stage("checkout") {
   checkout scm
   result = sh (script: "git log -1 | grep bump", returnStatus: true)
   if (result == 0) {
      println("CI bump commit...skipping build")
      currentBuild.result = 'NOT_BUILT'
      # can I just return here ? exit 0?
   }
 }