Re: Base Clearcase issues

BEvans

Feb 23, 2011, 6:45:19 AM2/23/11
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com

I have load rules speicifed as load /rules and load /core. This means that 2
folders are created under the snapshot view directory, being core and rules.

The branch name is e.g. build_all and is passed in as the branch name.

This fails as previously stated and has the same layout as the command you
said.

cleartool lshistory -all -since SOMEDATE -fmt SOMEFORMAT -branch
brtype:build_all -nco rules core

I've tried running this from the snapshot views main directory,
Workspace->snapshot view, in the console window however I get the same
error. The lshistory command only seems to work correctly if i go into the
independent folders, eg i navigate into the core folder and then run the
command. This returns the correct information, however I am guessing that
there is no way I can get the clearcase plugin to do this.

Thanks

BEvans

Feb 23, 2011, 4:58:37 AM2/23/11
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com

Changing the mkview with some of the things you suggested has solved the
build problem.

However I am now attempting to get the Polling to work but by specifying the
branch it just returns "Error : not an object in a vob" everytime.

The branch is located in the vob under /core but is then branched off of
main_build so is /core/main_build/BRANCH_TO_BE_USED.

I'm trying to figure out how to tell Jenkins to use this branch, however I
have now tried every variation I can think of, but it always returns the
same error. This may be something simple as I'm not experienced with
clearcases lshistory command or VOB structures as I have only used it for
checking in/out in the past.

Thanks for all the help.

vinview

Feb 23, 2011, 6:57:21 AM2/23/11
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com

Hey!, there is a trick to solve your view deletion/ creating view under
specify directory problem. I don't know how you resolved it. But if you are
using dynamic view, create a view manually wherever required and select the
check box for "use dynamic view " and uncheck the option "Let hudson manage
the life cycle".

For the fisrt time, you can enable "Let hudson manage the life cycle" option
and under that you can mention "Unix dynamic view storage directory", save
it and then disable the "Let hudson manage the life cycle" option. this
worked for me

Regards
Vinay

-----
Regards
Vinay Hegde
Build & Release Engineer

BEvans

Feb 21, 2011, 9:02:56 AM2/21/11
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com

If I add in the needed mkview argument, /local_views. <-- the directory i'd
like the view to be created in, the plugin still appends the View path name
to this which then makes clearcase fail to create the view as it attempts to
do cleartool mkview -snapshot -tag viewname /local_views/ viewname.

If there is a way of removing the space before the local_views/ viewname
this may solve the problem.

Thanks

Deepika Garg

Feb 18, 2013, 1:44:15 AM2/18/13
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Hi
I'm new to jenkins..I hav to use Base clear case plugin and I'm working with
dynamic view.
I'm getting the following error its finding the view in my system local
space.
Pls help me to configure this plugin...

Started by user anonymous
Building in workspace D:\JENKINS\workspace\Test1
[Test1] $ "C:\Program Files\Rational\ClearCase\bin\cleartool" lsview
GURt2645
cleartool: Error: No matching entries found for view tag "GURt2645".
FATAL: Base ClearCase failed. exit code=1
[INFO] computeChangeLogBeforeCheckout = false
[INFO] computeChangeLogAfterCheckout = true
[Test1] $ "C:\Program Files\Rational\ClearCase\bin\cleartool" startview
GURt2645
cleartool: Error: View tag not found: "GURt2645".
FATAL: Base ClearCase failed. exit code=1
java.io.IOException: cleartool did not return the expected exit code.
Command line="startview GURt2645", actual exit code=1
at
hudson.plugins.clearcase.HudsonClearToolLauncher.run(HudsonClearToolLauncher.java:121)
at hudson.plugins.clearcase.ClearToolExec.startView(ClearToolExec.java:903)
at
hudson.plugins.clearcase.action.BaseDynamicCheckoutAction.startView(BaseDynamicCheckoutAction.java:115)
at
hudson.plugins.clearcase.action.BaseDynamicCheckoutAction.checkout(BaseDynamicCheckoutAction.java:74)
at
hudson.plugins.clearcase.AbstractClearCaseScm.checkout(AbstractClearCaseScm.java:667)
at hudson.model.AbstractProject.checkout(AbstractProject.java:1218)
at
hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractRunner.checkout(AbstractBuild.java:587)
at hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractRunner.run(AbstractBuild.java:476)
at hudson.model.Run.run(Run.java:1438)
at hudson.model.FreeStyleBuild.run(FreeStyleBuild.java:46)
at hudson.model.ResourceController.execute(ResourceController.java:88)
at hudson.model.Executor.run(Executor.java:239)
[ANALYSIS-COLLECTOR] Skipping publisher since build result is FAILURE
Notifying upstream projects of job completion
Finished: FAILURE

Thanks
Deepika garg

Ng, Jeff

Feb 22, 2013, 1:54:45 PM2/22/13
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Check the host that the job is executing on to ensure it is in the same ClearCase region that the view is tagged in. Also, is "GURt2645" the correct view tag name for your dynamic build view?

-Jeff Ng

Vincent Latombe

Feb 22, 2013, 3:41:46 PM2/22/13
to Jenkins Users
Hello,

I can't help but wonder WHY would you want to put your snapshot view outside of the job workspace. This is the way any SCM plugin for Jenkins expects to work.

Vincent

Deepika Garg

Feb 27, 2013, 1:14:53 AM2/27/13
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thanks for reply.
I want to ask one thing my view is on server and I'm running my job on my
system through SSH,
Would you please tell me how this thing will work?What configurations I'll
have to set for this to work?
What should I write in view path ,view root as I have to view the view which
is on server?

Thanks,
Deepika Garg

Deepika Garg

Mar 5, 2013, 3:16:34 AM3/5/13
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I'm creating a new slave node on linux machine to set the config spec of a
dynamic view as clearcase is on linux machine.It's giving the following
error:

[03/05/13 13:40:18] [SSH] Checking java version of java

[03/05/13 13:40:19] [SSH] java -version returned 1.6.0_26.
[03/05/13 13:40:19] [SSH] Starting sftp client.
[03/05/13 13:40:19] [SSH] Copying latest slave.jar...
hudson.util.IOException2: Could not copy slave.jar to slave
at hudson.plugins.sshslaves.SSHLauncher.copySlaveJar(SSHLauncher.java:530)
at hudson.plugins.sshslaves.SSHLauncher.launch(SSHLauncher.java:291)
at hudson.slaves.SlaveComputer$1.call(SlaveComputer.java:200)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: hudson.util.IOException2: Could not copy slave.jar to
'/cm_data/imsgw/slave.jar' on slave
at hudson.plugins.sshslaves.SSHLauncher.copySlaveJar(SSHLauncher.java:527)
... 7 more
Caused by: com.trilead.ssh2.SFTPException: Failure (SSH_FX_FAILURE: An error
occurred, but no specific error code exists to describe the failure.)
at com.trilead.ssh2.SFTPv3Client.openFile(SFTPv3Client.java:1202)
at com.trilead.ssh2.SFTPv3Client.createFile(SFTPv3Client.java:1075)
at com.trilead.ssh2.SFTPv3Client.createFile(SFTPv3Client.java:1056)
at hudson.plugins.sshslaves.SFTPClient.writeToFile(SFTPClient.java:93)
at hudson.plugins.sshslaves.SSHLauncher.copySlaveJar(SSHLauncher.java:521)
... 7 more
[03/05/13 13:40:19] [SSH] Connection closed.

Pls assist to fix this error.

Thanks
Deepika Garg.

Tilakraj Moger

Mar 8, 2016, 7:34:33 AM3/8/16
to Jenkins Users
Hi All,

i have problem using clearcase plugin, i am getting below problem
Building in workspace C:\Users\<username>\jobs\Testing_Build\workspace
[WARNING] config spec is empty!
[WARNING] load rules are empty!
[<dynview>] $ cleartool lsview -cview -s
[INFO] computeChangeLogBeforeCheckout = false
[INFO] computeChangeLogAfterCheckout  = true
[workspace] $ cleartool lsview <dynview>
* <dynview> \\<buildmachne>\ccase$\views\<dynview>.vws

Removing view tag because it exists, but the view path doesn't.
[workspace] $ cleartool rmview -force -tag <dynview>
Removing references from VOB "\<vobname>" ...
Removed references to view "\\<buildmachne>\ccase$\views\<dynview>.vws" from VOB "\<vobname>".

[workspace] $ cleartool mkview -snapshot -tag <dynview> -stgloc -auto <dynview>
cleartool: Error: No available Server Storage Location entries.

FATAL: Base ClearCase failed. exit code=1
java.io.IOException: cleartool did not return the expected exit code. Command line="mkview -snapshot -tag <dynview> -stgloc -auto <dynview>", actual exit code=1
at hudson.plugins.clearcase.HudsonClearToolLauncher.run(HudsonClearToolLauncher.java:152)
at hudson.plugins.clearcase.ClearToolExec.mkview(ClearToolExec.java:563)
at hudson.plugins.clearcase.action.SnapshotCheckoutAction.createView(SnapshotCheckoutAction.java:184)
at hudson.plugins.clearcase.action.SnapshotCheckoutAction.cleanAndCreateViewIfNeeded(SnapshotCheckoutAction.java:128)
at hudson.plugins.clearcase.action.BaseSnapshotCheckoutAction.checkout(BaseSnapshotCheckoutAction.java:64)
at hudson.plugins.clearcase.AbstractClearCaseScm.checkout(AbstractClearCaseScm.java:390)
at hudson.model.AbstractProject.checkout(AbstractProject.java:1269)
at hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractBuildExecution.defaultCheckout(AbstractBuild.java:607)
at jenkins.scm.SCMCheckoutStrategy.checkout(SCMCheckoutStrategy.java:86)
at hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractBuildExecution.run(AbstractBuild.java:529)
at hudson.model.Run.execute(Run.java:1738)
at hudson.model.FreeStyleBuild.run(FreeStyleBuild.java:43)
at hudson.model.ResourceController.execute(ResourceController.java:98)
at hudson.model.Executor.run(Executor.java:410)

Vincent Latombe

Mar 8, 2016, 12:03:03 PM3/8/16
to Jenkins Users
Please create a new thread instead of replying to an existing one.

Vincent

Senthil Andavan

Aug 18, 2016, 10:31:49 AM8/18/16
to Jenkins Users
Hi Vincent,

Did you resolve your problem of "Removing view tag because it exists, but the view path doesn't." if so please help me on the same