Thread Dump taken when nodes are stuck shows write to path that doesn't exist

Rinaldo DiGiorgio

Oct 15, 2016, 1:33:06 PM10/15/16
to Jenkins Users
Thread Dump on stuck nodes shows a write to a directory that doesn't exist.

Enter code here...

nohup sh -c echo $$ > '/scratch/jenkins/workspace/9-dev/test@tmp/durable-2a0a59bc/pid'; jsc=durable-91dafd1061fa359e40efc6bde9ffc7a5; JENKINS_SERVER_COOKIE=$jsc '/scratch/jenkins/workspace/9-dev/test@tmp/durable-2a0a59bc/script.sh' > '/scratch/jenkins/workspace/9-dev/test@tmp/durable-2a0a59bc/jenkins-log.txt' 2>&1; echo $? > '/scratch/jenkins/workspace/9-dev/test@tmp/durable-2a0a59bc/jenkins-result.txt': stdout copier

Rinaldo DiGiorgio

Nov 18, 2016, 8:54:29 AM11/18/16
to Jenkins Users
Maybe we need to help by writing something that analyzes issues like this and compares to existing bug database. Both Eclipse and Netbeans do this and have support for adding bugs directly. In my case the number of bugs and issues with Jenkins keeps increasing not decreasing so the automation appears to be justified.

Baptiste Mathus

Nov 18, 2016, 4:54:53 PM11/18/16
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
This is definitely a good idea. If you have any idea on how to implement it and can propose some PoC or something, it would be most welcome! Thank you very much!