Provisioning Docker Containers on a Remote Host Using Jenkins Master

Sujeet Kumar Padhi

Nov 25, 2017, 9:21:43 AM11/25/17
to Jenkins Users

I have Docker Engine installed on an Ubuntu 14.04 LTS Server. I have activated the Docker API as well by making some changes to the config files and I am able to access the APIs.

I have jenkins installed on another Ubuntu 14.04 server.

Can somebody please help me with the steps to build/run images on the remote docker server with the help if Jenkins.
I am not able to find any proper steps or plugin present in Jenkins to run the Docker commands remotely.

nicolas de loof

Nov 25, 2017, 1:16:18 PM11/25/17
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Please give more details on what you want to do with this remote machine.

I assume you want to use it as a Jenkins agent to host build, not running on your master node. Then using docker plugin you can configure a "cloud" to access this remote Docker API (with adequate TLS keys registered as credentials) and define an agent template so your builds can allocate a transient build agent on this remote node. You'll need to define a label in this template so your job are configured with this label, and Jenkins knows they are supposed to run here.

Sujeet Kumar Padhi

danish siddiqui

Nov 27, 2017, 9:02:41 AM11/27/17
to Jenkins Users
Hi,

Google is your best friend. You can find numerous videos on youtube.

Thanks