CopyArtifact plugin: permissions: unable to restrict copy

Roel van Meer

Jul 6, 2020, 7:51:18 AM7/6/20
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

This is a question about the 'Permission to Copy Artifact' setting of the
CopyArtifact plugin.

I have two freestyle projects, A and B. Project B copies artifacts from A.
This works. If, on project A, I enable the 'Permission to Copy Artifact'
setting, and configure 'Projects to allow copy artifacts' as "not-B" (or any
other existing project name that is not B), then it is still possible for B
to copy A's artifacts.

I would expect the above configuration to result in B not being allowed to
copy A's artifacts.

Could anyone tell me if my expectations are incorrect, or if I need
additional configuration to make this work?

This is with Jenkins 2.235.1 and CopyArtifact 1.45, but I've had this
problem also with earlier versions. Not sure if it matters, but I'm using
the 'Logged-in users can do anything' authorization strategy.

Thanks for your time,

Roel