Both job1 and job2 should run on same slave node | Label is assigned

LnT

Apr 9, 2018, 9:07:15 AM4/9/18
to Jenkins Users

Hi -

using jenkins Vers 1.58.

Having Job1 and Job2 - where job2 is down stream job of Job1.

When Job1 is triggered , job2 will be triggered as pre-requisite.

Job1 is assigned to execute on Label "Win8" which consists of 4 Windows slave nodes.

Requirement :- Both job1 and job2 should be executed on same slave node.
because
- Job2 does clean-up activity.
- Job1 does package creation.

Could you please let me know the possibilities .

Regards,
LnT

LnT

Apr 9, 2018, 9:18:35 AM4/9/18
to Jenkins Users

Hi -

 job1 and job2 are freestyle projects

Andreas Tscharner

Apr 9, 2018, 9:19:27 AM4/9/18
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
On 09.04.2018 15:07, LnT wrote:

[snip]
> *Requirement :*- Both job1 and job2 should be executed on same slave node.
> because
> - Job2 does clean-up activity.
> - Job1 does package creation.
>
> Could you please let me know the possibilities .

Have a look at the Job Node Stalker plugin:
https://wiki.jenkins.io/display/JENKINS/Node+Stalker+Plugin

Best regards
Andreas
--
Andreas Tscharner sterne...@gmail.com

Gordon's Law:
If you think you have the solution, the question was poorly phrased.