Grails plugin not available in new Jenkins versions?

Carina Marban

Apr 24, 2017, 2:46:40 PM4/24/17
to Jenkins Users
Hi,

I'm currently trying to migrate our jobs from a Jenkins 1.650 instance
to a new one that we just updated to 2.56. Unfortunately, I seem unable
because it is not in the list of available plugins.
I also can't find it on https://plugins.jenkins.io

Am I correct to assume that the Grails plugin is not available anymore in more recent
versions of Jenkins? Since it is quite central to our process, that would unfortunately
mean that I will have to downgrade to an older version of Jenkins. Is there any way
I can find out which is the most recent version of Jenkins that still supports the plugin?

I saw the discussions in the Jenkins Developers user group about the plugin
not having any active maintainers anymore. Is it really dead? I know that there
is not a huge number of projects that are actively using Grails but I am
still a bit surprised (and sad) about this.

Am I maybe just missing something?

Thanks in advance,
Carina

Chris Peck

May 19, 2017, 10:38:34 AM5/19/17
to Jenkins Users, carina...@gmail.com
I'm having the same issue with the current LTS release 2.46.2. Does anyone know how to install it?

Juan Camilo Marín

Jun 2, 2017, 7:59:03 PM6/2/17
to Jenkins Users, carina...@gmail.com
Hi.

The plugin is not available because the new version of Jenkins may not be safe to use it, as you can see it the plugin is a bit old, the latest updated was in 2013,  so what you need to do is manually install it, you only need to copy the gradle.jpi from the old "/jenkins-installation-path/plugins" directory to the new one and then restart jenkins, then you can disable it the "Arbitrary code execution vulnerability" security warning in jenkins "configure global security" option.

Mark Waite

Jun 2, 2017, 8:11:45 PM6/2/17
to Jenkins Users, carina...@gmail.com
Isn't grails a command line program that you could switch to invoke from a command line, rather than risking the security risks which come with you enable the grails plugin?

Mark Waite