Create default admin user on Jenkins own user database

Siva Bagavathy

Jul 13, 2020, 1:15:23 PM7/13/20
to Jenkins Users
Dear Team,

As part of automation, I need to create and invoke Jobs using Jenkins API. I have deployed jenkins container on Kubernetes cluster using helm chart. Hence I need Jenkins to have at least one admin user in its own database (Jenkins' own user database) after install. By default, its Delegate to servlet container . How to do it ? Could you help me.

Thanks

Ramanathan Muthaiah

Jul 15, 2020, 10:34:22 AM7/15/20
to Jenkins Users
On Monday, July 13, 2020 at 10:45:23 PM UTC+5:30, Siva Bagavathy wrote:
Dear Team,

As part of automation, I need to create and invoke Jobs using Jenkins API. I have deployed jenkins container on Kubernetes cluster using helm chart. Hence I need Jenkins to have at least one admin user in its own database (Jenkins' own user database) after install. By default, its Delegate to servlet container . How to do it ? Could you help me.

You did not mention the image used for starting the container.

If the image was built by you, then you can provision groovy (kind of startup) scripts that can be baked in to the Docker image (as part of Docker build process).

Docs in this repo could give you some leads, https://github.com/jenkinsci/docker

/Ram

Siva Bagavathy

Jul 17, 2020, 2:32:11 AM7/17/20
to Jenkins Users
Hi Ram,

The jenkins image version is jenkins-master:2.176.3

I am using a helm chart for deployment.

Thanks,
Siva