How to erase old builds

Ana MB

Jan 17, 2018, 7:27:42 AM1/17/18
to Jenkins Users
Hi guys,

I'm trying to erase old builds from my Jenkins, but I've found that in some tests, Jenkins doesn't delete old builds as I need.
I'm doing it from here:

And as I show you here:

Everything seems to be OK, but in my Jenkins directory there are the rest of the builds (they haven't been erased here):

Why is this happening??
Does anybody know?

I need to delete those builds to save disk usage.

Thanks so much!!!

Dirk Heinrichs

Jan 17, 2018, 8:19:55 AM1/17/18
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Am 17.01.2018 um 13:27 schrieb Ana MB:

I'm trying to erase old builds from my Jenkins, but I've found that in some tests, Jenkins doesn't delete old builds as I need.

Some things to keep in mind here:
  • Log rotation is only done upon a new build
  • Specific builds could be marked as keep forever (and thus are excluded from rotation)
Having said that, you could also try to trigger log rotation for that job via Groovy Script console, for example with the following script (modified version of this script to allow rotation of specific jobs only):

import jenkins.model.*

def jenkins = Jenkins.getInstance()
def jobsToRotate = [
  'Name of Job',
  'Name of another Job'
]

jobsToRotate.each { jobToRotate ->
  def job = jenkins.getItemByFullName(jobToRotate)
  job.logRotator.perform(job)
}

HTH...

    Dirk
--
Dirk Heinrichs
Senior Systems Engineer, Delivery Pipeline

Recommind GmbH, Von-Liebig-Straße 1, 53359 Rheinbach

Vertretungsberechtigte Geschäftsführer John Marshall Doolittle, Gordon Davies, Roger Illing, Registergericht Amtsgericht Bonn, Registernummer HRB 10646

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden

Diese E-Mail enthält vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschützte Informationen. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und vernichten Sie diese Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser Mail sind nicht gestattet.