durable-dbed1d4d/script.sh: Syntax error: "(" unexpected

judaondo

Nov 26, 2019, 8:47:53 AM11/26/19
to Jenkins Users
I am executing the following script:

sh label: "<-- Zipping files -->", script: "cd ${JENKINS_HOME}/userContent/myfiles/; zip myzip.zip *; ls -alh; sleep 30s; rm !(myzip.zip)"

But I am getting the following error:

durable-dbed1d4d/script.sh: Syntax error: "(" unexpected

I have also tried adding sheblang but it doesn´t work neither:

#!/bin/bash

Any workaround to fix this please?

Victor Martinez

Nov 26, 2019, 3:50:56 PM11/26/19
to Jenkins Users
Double quotes might be a bit tricky with the interpolation and gstring.

I'd suggest move the script content to a file in your repo and just call the script using:

sh label:"<-- Zipping files -->", script: "your_script.sh"

I'd suggest to chmod 755 your_script.sh and add some shebang too.

The main benefit is the logic will be somewhere rather than in the Jenkinsfile/pipeline and, therefore it would be easy to test and run without any other requirements. Pipelines should just care of the orchestration.

Cheers

Daniel Beck

Nov 27, 2019, 6:13:35 AM11/27/19
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Assuming bash as the default shell, you did not call `shopt -s extglob`, so `!(pattern)` is unsupported.

Unrelated to Jenkins.

Daniel Beck
Senior Software Engineer
CloudBees, Inc.

CloudBees-Logo.png

judaondo

Nov 27, 2019, 5:10:03 PM11/27/19
to Jenkins Users
Hello Daniel,

what do you mean by "shopt -s extglob" I don´t understand.