Authorization on Multibranch Pipeline

Rishi Gautam

Dec 1, 2020, 10:30:29 AM12/1/20
to Jenkins Users
Is there any way to enable authorization to build only specific branch(job) on jenkins multbranch pipeline?

Use Case:
User1: can only build test branch.
User2: can build both test and master branch.

It would be very helpful to get the solution. Thanks in advance.

Jibsan Joel Rosa Toirac

Dec 1, 2020, 3:18:19 PM12/1/20
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Well I solved the problem, I used "sudo" before the commands and it started to work, anyhow I ran the command "root/.sdkman/candidates/grails/3.3.2/bin/grails war" and all started to work. Thanks for your help

Gautam, Rishi

Dec 1, 2020, 10:54:08 PM12/1/20
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
some way to restrict User1 to  trigger the build button from console on master branch?

Victor Martinez

Dec 2, 2020, 7:17:25 AM12/2/20
to Jenkins Users
I'm not sure if for the same Multibranch Pipeline there are certain authorisations for branches, but creating two Multibranch Pipelines for those branches and add the authorization at the project level might fulfill your needs: