how to identify which publisher marked a build as unstable, and how to avoid unstable reports

Sam Joseph

Sep 11, 2019, 10:54:45 AM9/11/19
to Jenkins Users
Hi Everyone,

I recently configured our jenkins system to re-run our failing specs to look for intermittently failing ones and open github issues when they passed on a second run.

Now sometimes our builds are marked as unstable.  It seems like this might be because of the initial failing specs, which is fair enough, but I'd really like to know how that build 'instability' is passed around.   the exit code from the spec failing task is zero.

To be honest I'd prefer that builds were marked as just pass or fail.

Can anyone help me with this?  I'm been searching around for a while now and seen mentions of configuring thresholds for unstable builds but can't yet find any detailed or comprehensive documentation.

Many thanks in advance
Best, Sam