ANN: Proposal for a new User Experience SIG

Jeremy Hartley

Nov 18, 2019, 6:31:09 AM11/18/19
to Jenkins Users

In keeping with JEP-4, I'm posting to the user mailing list my plan to create and lead the Jenkins User Experience  special interest group.

I'll submit a pull request to jenkins.io with the structure described in JEP-4.

The first UX special interest group meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, November 26th, 2019 at 16:00 UTC. The proposed meeting agenda is at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xA6UN7ORv3OFYBC3Kw6y4mtqDekAjwYVNhsrH4PBwBk/edit?usp=sharing . We'll be using Zoom to host the meetings and record them https://cloudbees.zoom.us/j/621503564. The videos will be published to YouTube.

Draft mission statement:

The User Experience SIG focuses on improving Jenkins user interface and user experience. The SIG will seek feedback from the community on the current UI and UX and new designs proposed by SIG members and others and will discuss alternatives, identify compromises, and test implementations to improve the Jenkins UI / UX.

Thanks,

Jeremy Hartley