truttling build checkout, but not builds

tps800

May 10, 2016, 1:33:59 PM5/10/16
to Jenkins Users
Hi!

I have six projects all checking out from the same svn server.
Only two parallel checkouts are allowed by this server.

How can I trottle jobs as long as they are checking out svn? After checking out these six jobs may run parallel only checkout is possible for only two of them at any time.

I've tried with the trottle job plugin, but this trottles on jobs, not checkouts as I'd like to have it.
Could it be an idea to build a job checking out only, then triiggering build flow for all further jobs? Or is there a better, simpler way doing it?

--
Thomas