Role strategy plugin: how to give specific access

Alex Domoradov

May 18, 2017, 11:32:08 AM5/18/17
to Jenkins Users
Hello,

we have been using role strategy plugin for a few years. And it works fine. But now we need to give specific access to specific users. We need that people will be able to view configuration of a job but at the same time they won't be able to change the configuration itself. Is it possible to configure the plugin in such way?

Thanks in advance

Artur Szostak

May 18, 2017, 11:42:36 AM5/18/17
to Jenkins Users
I believe you need to install "Extended Read Permission Plugin" to add an additional cell to the permission table. Then you can select/check the "ExtendedRead" option rather than the "Configure" option to give read only access to the job's configuration.

we have been using role strategy plugin for a few years. And it works fine. But now we need to give specific access to specific users. We need that people will be able to view configuration of a job but at the same time they won't be able to change the configuration itself. Is it possible to configure the plugin in such way?

Thanks in advance

Alex Domoradov

May 19, 2017, 6:36:39 AM5/19/17
to Jenkins Users, aszo...@partner.eso.org
Thanks a lot. It is exactly what I was looking for. It works like a charm