Reverse Proxy Auth Plugin - LDAP troubles - 404 error

Dunnigan, Terrence J

Oct 10, 2016, 4:06:16 PM10/10/16
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com

Hi all,

I’m using Jenkins 1.625.3 and I’m trying to configure the Reverse Proxy Auth Plugin (1.5) with my LDAP information and encountering issues. When I use the same values to configure pure LDAP, it works fine.

However when I configure the Reverse Proxy Auth Plugin I encounter errors as soon as I specify an LDAP hostname. It appears the Reverse Proxy Plugin is trying to verify the LDAP server name using this url:

${rootURL}/securityRealms/LDAPSecurityRealm/serverCheck?field=server&server='+encodeURIComponent(this.value)+'&managerDN='+encodeURIComponent(this.form.elements['managerDN'].value)+'&managerPassword='+encodeURIComponent(this.form.elements['managerPassword'].value)

When I enter this URL manually I get a 404 error, which is the same error that the plugin gives me. (I get the same error if I use my proxy name or my actual hostname for $rootURL)

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Terry

Daniel Beck

Oct 11, 2016, 5:13:04 AM10/11/16
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
This is a bug in the Reverse Proxy Auth Plugin. No plugin should ever depend on internal-only URLs of other plugins used e.g. for form validation or autocompletion (or even the Java API creating them).

In this case, this change renamed doServerCheck to doCheckServer, removing the /serverCheck URL:
https://github.com/jenkinsci/ldap-plugin/commit/0f4e172636d4ccd2eccecf632253c7673bab9fe4

You may be able to just ignore the error.