Change location of workflowLibs.git

Sverre Moe

Jun 17, 2016, 7:16:14 AM6/17/16
to Jenkins Users
Is it possible to change the repository location for workflowLibs.git?
The current location is JENKINS_HOME/workflow-libs

We have a remote git repository for all our code and utilities. Can we use this central git repository as the remote location for workflowLibs.git?
Also perhaps use a different remote name: jenkins-workflowLibs.git. Just workflowLibs.git among all other repositories isn't very descriptive.

Perhaps something like this in JENKINS_HOME/workflow-libs/.git/config
[remote "origin"]
        fetch = +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/*

ludovic SMADJA

Jun 17, 2016, 10:21:03 AM6/17/16
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com

And I'm also waiting on this ;-)
--

Ludovic SMADJA
R&D engineer - build process and development

Daniel Beck

Jun 17, 2016, 10:34:46 AM6/17/16
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Should be trivial to write a job that watches the 'actual' repository for changes, and pushes changes to Jenkins' internal one, no?

Sverre Moe

Jun 18, 2016, 3:34:34 PM6/18/16
to Jenkins Users, ludovic...@jalios.com
That would seem like a perfect solution. However it is closed due to duplication. The issue it duplicated is not resolved and labeled 2.0-rejected.

Sverre Moe

Jun 18, 2016, 3:36:58 PM6/18/16
to Jenkins Users, m...@beckweb.net
A Jenkins job to retrieve changes from the remote git repository and update the local workflowLibs.git repository under JENKINS_HOME?
While trivial, it seems a bit encumbered.

Kohsuke Kawaguchi

Jun 18, 2016, 8:41:20 PM6/18/16
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com, ludovic...@jalios.com
Duplicate just means there's another ticket that captures the exact same issue. 2.0-rejected just means this issue want considered 2.0 GA blocker. So the issue is still open.