How to restore Safe HTML for Parameter Separator descriptions?

G Dameron

Jan 16, 2019, 2:42:55 PM1/16/19
to Jenkins Users
Back in 1.596, I used Safe HTML for all build parameter descriptions, so that the user prompt/guidance under each parameter really "popped" for my large-ish user base.

Safe HTML for parameter descriptions has eroded over time with security-related changes. Under 2.89, the Node and Extended Choice parameter types stopped honoring Safe HTML descriptions. As a workaround, I inserted invisible Parameter Separators and transferred the Safe HTML from the offending parameter's description to the Separator's. It looked and worked great.

Then came 2.150. Somewhere along the way, even the lowly Parameter Separator stopped supporting Safe HTML descriptions.

Is there, perhaps, a -D switch I could add to the java options to bring it back, even if only for the Parameter Separator?

G Dameron

Sep 17, 2020, 1:58:19 PM9/17/20
to Jenkins Users
JENKINS-56277 was opened in Feb 2019 and fixed in version 1.3 (released August 2020). Many thanks to Piotr Paczyński.