Jenkins Multi Job dead lock

santhosh soma

Mar 6, 2018, 6:42:48 AM3/6/18
to Jenkins Users
Hi All,

We have Jenkins Setup to run Test Cases on the Master node machine. We have defined multi job configurations for each product. All the  jobs will run only on Master node itself.

The number of executors defined max as 2 so that it will pickup main job and one down stream job at  a time.

We scheduled all the multi jobs to run daily. The problem we are facing it that " Two upstream jobs running and waiting for the executors to be available in case of the execution time for each multi job is taking more than expected time".

I have tried with Build blocker plugin to control this but not successful. Can you please guid me to handle this ?

Sample Jobs:

Multi job A(Up Stream)-
    - Git Pull(down stream
    -Run Test
   - Re run Failed Tests
   - Send email

Multi job A(Up Stream)-
    - Git Pull(down stream
    -Run Test
   - Re run Failed Tests
   - Send email

We entered into the dead lock situation like like "Two multi jobs started and waiting for executors to be available to run down stream jobs"

Thanks
Santhosh.