Dynamic Parameter to Build without Active Choices Plugin

Tim Downey

May 17, 2017, 1:51:36 PM5/17/17
to Jenkins Users
Hi,

I have some builds that use the Active Choices plugin to call a REST api to build a list of parameter choices at the time the job runs.  Now that Active Choices and Scriptler have been removed from the Update Center, I'm wondering if there are any more secure alternatives?  I've been looking through the Job DSL apis and don't see any other way to produce a dynamic list of parameters, but I hope that I'm missing something.

Can anyone respond if there's another way to do this?

Thanks,
Tim

Ioannis Moutsatsos

Jan 4, 2018, 3:10:23 PM1/4/18
to Jenkins Users
Note that Active Choices v2.1 is again available from the Jenkins update center. It no longer has a mandatory dependency on Scriptler. As a result it is secure and functional. Just read the most recent release notes for the Jenkins version requirements