Can pipelines and stages be nested in a dependency graph? Or is there a better alternative.

Anil

Feb 11, 2021, 10:58:20 AM2/11/21
to Jenkins Users
I have a number of tasks and some are dependent on others for completion.
If task A is dependent on tasks B and C completing, then B and C will be child tasks of A.
It is also possible that task D is dependent on task B and then we have a DAG.
So they will form a dependency graph (Directed Acyclic Graph)
Can I have a pipeline script with nested pipelines and jobs?
Or is there a better alternative.

Martin Schmude

Feb 12, 2021, 4:01:42 PM2/12/21
to Jenkins Users
No, pipeline scripts cannot be nested.

Anil

Feb 19, 2021, 2:26:36 PM2/19/21
to Jenkins Users
okay I will try and simulate it by using global variables that the script can access.
thanks for your reply

Björn Rohlén

Feb 20, 2021, 11:13:40 AM2/20/21
to Jenkins Users