sshget is showing the entire contents of the file in console output log

cw

May 5, 2020, 4:32:49 PM5/5/20
to Jenkins Users
When executing the following in a scripted pipeline:

sshGet remote: soc_remote, from: "/srv/jboss/server/${MAL}/log/${sourcefile}", into: FileName, override: true

The file is downloaded successfully from the remote server into the local directory on the Jenkins server.  However, the console output shows the contents of that file in its entirety, and the logs files in the build folder also contains the contents of the file.  The file is embedded within the rest of the log entries, and is not usable.  Therefore when I am downloading large files with sshGet, I end up consuming twice the space I should be, since I have a log file roughly the size of the file, and then the file itself which was downloaded.  How can I turn this off so the log file only indicates success or failure, and is not also including the contents of the file?

Craig

cw

May 7, 2020, 9:01:58 AM5/7/20
to Jenkins Users
Does anyone have any ideas on this?  I am using Jenkins ver. 2.190.3 on Windows 2012 with ssh versions below. This is not only a space issue, but a security issue, since sometimes I am downloading files with sensitive information in them and don't want those details available in the jenkins logs.

ssh2.6.1true
ssh-agent1.17true
ssh-credentials1.18true
ssh-steps2.0.0true

Slide

May 7, 2020, 12:15:40 PM5/7/20
to Jenkins User Mailing List
This sounds like a bug in the plugin, I would file an issue in Jira.

vince bailey

May 7, 2020, 1:02:40 PM5/7/20
to 'Björn Pedersen' via Jenkins Users
Hi All,

Setup accounts in jenkins for the credential and encript the files wit a password and save the password in a password vault.

Vince Bailey

Live long and prosper !!!

cw

cw

May 8, 2020, 11:43:43 AM5/8/20
to Jenkins Users
From the jira ticket:

I found a bug in the code, going to fix it soon to not to print the file in scp mode.

I was using this code:

soc_remote.fileTransfer = 'scp'

and for now i just removed that line, which apparently sets it back to the default of sftp, which does not have the bug. I am working again, in case anyone else runs across this.

Craig