Debian package repository: Connection refused

Dirk Heinrichs

Apr 13, 2018, 1:45:05 AM4/13/18
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

apt-get dist-upgrade fails with a "ConnectionRefused" error while trying to update Jenkins as installed from Debian package:

Reading package lists... Done

Building dependency tree

Reading state information... Done

Calculating upgrade... Done

   jenkins (2.107.1 => 2.107.2)

1 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

Need to get 73.9 MB of archives.

After this operation, 43.0 kB of additional disk space will be used.

Do you want to continue? [Y/n]

Err:1 https://pkg.jenkins.io/debian-stable binary/ jenkins 2.107.2

  FailReason: ConnectionRefused

E: Failed to fetch https://pkg.jenkins.io/debian-stable/binary/jenkins_2.107.2_all.deb  FailReason: ConnectionRefused

E: Unable to fetch some archives, maybe run apt-get update or try with --fix-missing?

Downloading with wget shows that there's a redirect to a different host:

--2018-04-13 07:43:42--  https://pkg.jenkins.io/debian-stable/binary/jenkins_2.107.2_all.deb

Resolving pkg.jenkins.io (pkg.jenkins.io)... 52.202.51.185

Connecting to pkg.jenkins.io (pkg.jenkins.io)|52.202.51.185|:443... connected.

HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 302 Found

Location: https://prodjenkinsreleases.blob.core.windows.net/debian-stable/jenkins_2.107.2_all.deb [following]

--2018-04-13 07:43:43--  https://prodjenkinsreleases.blob.core.windows.net/debian-stable/jenkins_2.107.2_all.deb

Resolving prodjenkinsreleases.blob.core.windows.net (prodjenkinsreleases.blob.core.windows.net)... 104.208.128.30

Connecting to prodjenkinsreleases.blob.core.windows.net (prodjenkinsreleases.blob.core.windows.net)|104.208.128.30|:443... failed: Invalid argument.

Please fix.

Thanks...

                Dirk

Dirk Heinrichs

Senior Systems Engineer, Delivery Pipeline

OpenText ™ Discovery | Recommind

Email: dhei...@opentext.com

Website: www.recommind.de

Recommind GmbH, Von-Liebig-Straße 1, 53359 Rheinbach

Vertretungsberechtigte Geschäftsführer John Marshall Doolittle, Gordon Davies, Roger Illing, Registergericht Amtsgericht Bonn, Registernummer HRB 10646

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden

Diese E-Mail enthält vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschützte Informationen. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und vernichten Sie diese Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser Mail sind nicht gestattet.

Olblak

Apr 17, 2018, 5:10:42 AM4/17/18
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dirk,

Debian and some others distributions don't like https repositories by default.
So you have two options:
* Installing 'apt-transport-https'
* Changing in your /etc/apt/sources.list from https://pkg.jenkins.io to http://pkg.jenkins.io.

We already have an open ticket about it on the jenkins-infra project, https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/INFRA-266

---
-> gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-key 52210D3D

Dirk Heinrichs

Apr 17, 2018, 5:31:34 AM4/17/18
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com

From: jenkins...@googlegroups.com [mailto:jenkins...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Olblak

> Debian and some others distributions don't like https repositories by default.

> So you have two options:

> * Installing 'apt-transport-https'

I know, already had this installed, but that wasn't the problem. The initial installation already worked fine a few weeks ago. Was some kind of infrastructure problem that has meanwhile been fixed on Jenkins side and it's working fine for me again as before.

Bye...

                Dirk