selenium runs in headless mode if a slave connected via SSH.

satish singh

Apr 1, 2021, 9:47:32 AM4/1/21
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Hi Team,

We are running Jenkins on kubernetes and have to add windows node/agent via ssh.
When we run selenium automation on the windows agents it runs fine but in the background as a headless service, We need to see the browser which does not open up during the build.

We are stuck with this issue, requesting for any pointer on how we can run selenium automation on windows ssh node to run in foreground not as headless service.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Satish

Jérôme Godbout

Apr 1, 2021, 1:58:27 PM4/1/21
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com

Check the user which run the Jenkins service on the nodes, make sure that user has the GUI capability. Make a user account log into it, put the Jenkins into that user account. By default, Windows service cannot create any Windows or GUI based window (used to be possible, but they retract this in Vista if I remember well).

Jérôme Godbout, B. Ing.

Software / Firmware Team Lead
O: (418) 682-3636 ext.: 114

C: (581) 777-0050