Strange issue with copy artifact plugin not copying everything

Suckow, Thomas J

Jun 18, 2015, 6:10:26 PM6/18/15
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
I am seeing a strange behavior with the Copy Artifact Plugin version 1.35.1

I have a job that creates some shared objects and some include headers.
Those files are archived as artifacts and in another job use the "Copy
Artifact" build step to copy them.

The console says 18 files were copied, but in fact only 15 are present.
The same 3 are always missing. Weirder still, if I configure the second
job to NOT clean the workspace, the second time you run the build the
files will be copied. In fact I can configure the job to copy the same
artifacts twice to work around the issue.

I assume this is a bug in the plugin though I can't begin to speculate
what is going wrong, I use the plugin for other things and never have had
issues.

Anyone else seen this strange behavior or have thoughts on the matter?

-
Thomas

Matthew...@diamond.ac.uk

Jun 19, 2015, 10:06:03 AM6/19/15
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
The first step is to determine whether the problem is that the files are not being archived in the upstream job, or whether they are archived but then not subsequently retrieved by the CopyArtifact plugin in the downstream job. Look on the Jenkins master itself, in Jenkins_home/jobs/<upstream-job-name>/builds/<build-number>/archive/.

We use archive and CopyArtifact a lot, and I have never seen anything like this. Have you checked that your path specifications are all correct?

Matthew

Suckow, Thomas J

Jun 19, 2015, 11:13:30 AM6/19/15
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
For good measure I went and checked the folder and the archive directory
has all the files it is supposed to. Though I expect this since my
workaround works.

I created a brand new freestyle job that ALL it does is copy the
artifacts. The first time it is run, only 15 are copied. If I click build
now again, then the missing ones are copied. If I delete the workspace,
the same pattern happens again.

In case anyone has thoughts, here is the parent job:

Centos 6 installed packages:
yum -y install gcc-c++ binutils scons chrpath tar python-devel

Tar from:
http://download-mirror.savannah.gnu.org/releases/gpsd/

Build step:
tar -xzf gpsd-3.10.tar.gz
cd gpsd-3.10
echo "env.Alias('myinstall', binaryinstall + headerinstall)" >> SConstruct
scons prefix=$WORKSPACE/stage myinstall

Archive artifacts: stage/**/*

This is my test job:

Copy Artifact plugin
Project name: libgps
Which build: Latest successful build
Target directory: libgps

Missing files in libgps/stage/lib (Always the same):
libgps.so

libgps.so.21

libgps.so.21.0

As another workaround (besides running the job twice) you can add a second
"Copy Artifacts" build step with the exact same settings and it will work.

If anyone has thoughts on loggers I could set to verbose that might reveal
something, I am all ears.

-
Thomas

On 6/19/15, 7:05 AM, "Matthew...@Diamond.ac.uk"