Re: Jenkins maven release plugin doesn't commit files to bitbucket

Message has been deleted

Baptiste Mathus

Jul 19, 2019, 1:12:18 PM7/19/19
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Does this work outside Jenkins using Maven only?

Le mar. 16 juil. 2019 à 13:57, Ashwini <ashudin...@gmail.com> a écrit :
Hi Team,

I am trying to perform automated maven release using Jenkins and maven release plugin. When i perform the maven release, plugin modifies the pom.xml, creates release.properties, pom backup under jenkins workspace but doesn't commit the files to bitbucket. I don't see any errors in the build output. I assume in general the release plugin should be committing all files to bitbucket.
Below are the logs from build. Release prepare modifies files, adds but doesn't commit files to bitbucket. Could please someone help me understand the behavior of release plugin and if i am doing something wrong. Jenkins version is 2.176.1 and Maven Release Plug-in Plug-in 0.14.0

[INFO] Checking in modified POMs...
[INFO] Executing: /bin/sh -c cd /var/lib/jenkins/jobs/release_parent/workspace && git add -- pom.xml
[INFO] Working directory: /var/lib/jenkins/jobs/release_parent/workspace
[INFO] Executing: /bin/sh -c cd /var/lib/jenkins/jobs/release_parent/workspace && git status
[INFO] Working directory: /var/lib/jenkins/jobs/release_parent/workspace
[INFO] Tagging release with the label test-parent-151.1...
[INFO] Executing: /bin/sh -c cd /var/lib/jenkins/jobs/release_parent/workspace && git tag -F /tmp/maven-scm-57955011.commit test-parent-151.1
[INFO] Working directory: /var/lib/jenkins/jobs/release_parent/workspace
[INFO] Executing: /bin/sh -c cd /var/lib/jenkins/jobs/release_parent/workspace && git push ssh://Ashwinibasavaraj:Dinash@4989@bitbucket.org/Ashwinibasavaraj/test_parent.git test-parent-151.1
[INFO] Working directory: /var/lib/jenkins/jobs/release_parent/workspace
[INFO] Executing: /bin/sh -c cd /var/lib/jenkins/jobs/release_parent/workspace && git ls-files
[INFO] Working directory: /var/lib/jenkins/jobs/release_parent/workspace
[INFO] Transforming 'test-parent'...
[INFO] Not removing release POMs
[INFO] Checking in modified POMs...
[INFO] Executing: /bin/sh -c cd /var/lib/jenkins/jobs/release_parent/workspace && git add -- pom.xml
[INFO] Working directory: /var/lib/jenkins/jobs/release_parent/workspace
[INFO] Executing: /bin/sh -c cd /var/lib/jenkins/jobs/release_parent/workspace && git status
[INFO] Working directory: /var/lib/jenkins/jobs/release_parent/workspace
[INFO] Release preparation complete.
[INFO]

Ashwini Basavaraj

Jul 20, 2019, 7:27:51 AM7/20/19
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
yes it works fine when I do it from local. only Jenkins has issues,

--

Ashwini Basavaraj

BOXARR | Operations

T: +44 7469554745

E:  ashwini.basavaraj@boxarr.com
W: www.boxarr.com
LI: linkedin.com/company/boxarr

@: twitter.com/boxarr

This message is private and confidential. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately and remove it from your system. www.BOXARR.com/email-policy

BOXARR is a limited company registered in England and Wales. Company registration number: 04873279. Registered Office: The Wallbrook Building, 25 Wallbrook, London, EC4N 8AF, United Kingdom