Cascaded choice parameters and parameter validations in Jenkins pipeline

Ven H

Sep 27, 2020, 2:22:32 PM9/27/20
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have a Jenkins pipeline job. I need to define parameters with the following requirements.

1. I have choice parameters which need to be populated from method calls.

2. Some choice parameters need to be populated from method calls, but based on the selection of some other choice parameters. For example, let's say, my first choice parameter is the list of countries, which is populated from a method call. Once a country is selected, the states will have to be populated based on that, as another choice parameter and so on.

3. I need to validate parameters. For example, if a string parameter is empty, I should enforce the user to enter a value and not allow a submission without it.

If anyone can help with some references and examples, it will be really great.

Regards,
Venkatesh

Ven H

Sep 30, 2020, 8:24:28 AM9/30/20