Cancel Build Excluded Regions Strategy not working

Ven H

Mar 8, 2021, 10:33:05 AM3/8/21
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
I have a Jenkins controller version: 2.257. Basic Branch Build Strategy plugin version: 1.3.2.

I have a GitHub repository which has App, DB and Config modules. App is at root. DB and Config modules are inside db and config folders respectively.

Jenkinsfile is present at root for App and inside db and config folders for the corresponding modules.

Multibranch jobs have been created for App, DB and config. Even if I modify any file inside the DB folder, it is triggering an App build. In the App job configuration, I have Build Strategy to exclude the DB path from triggering build, but it is not working.

Can anyone please help me with this? I am not sure what part of the path should I provide (I mean relative to the organization URL in GitHub).

Ven H

Mar 10, 2021, 1:32:50 PM3/10/21
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Has anyone faced this issue? If yes, please help.

Kamil Dzierzanowski

Aug 3, 2021, 10:47:31 AM8/3/21
to Jenkins Users
I have a similar issue – Jenkins logs state, that the strategy "cancels" the build due to the entirety of changed files falling under the excluded regions, but the build proceeds anyway.
It appears the plugin is completely broken.

Melo Vi

Feb 15, 2022, 4:53:40 PM2/15/22
to Jenkins Users
Same issue, plugin looks to be completely broken. Using Jenkins 2.319.3 and  Pipeline: Multibranch build strategy extension Version: 1.0.10