Jenkins offlines cloud build slave with running jobs?

ZillaYT

Jun 29, 2020, 10:26:00 AM6/29/20
to Jenkins Users

I created spot fleets in AWS to use as Jenkins build slaves, and then in Jenkins configuration, I added an "Amazon EC2 Fleet" to use those build slaves. I set the "Max Idle Minutes Before Scaledown" to 60 mins, and expect that Jenkins to ONLY offline a build slave if no job was running on it for the last 60 mins. However, Jenkins still does offline them. Any fix?

Slide

Jun 29, 2020, 11:56:59 AM6/29/20
to Jenkins User Mailing List
Please use the term "agent" instead of "slave". That term has been deprecated since 2016.

Regards,

Alex

On Mon, Jun 29, 2020 at 7:26 AM ZillaYT <zil...@gmail.com> wrote:

I created spot fleets in AWS to use as Jenkins build slaves, and then in Jenkins configuration, I added an "Amazon EC2 Fleet" to use those build slaves. I set the "Max Idle Minutes Before Scaledown" to 60 mins, and expect that Jenkins to ONLY offline a build slave if no job was running on it for the last 60 mins. However, Jenkins still does offline them. Any fix?

Anatoly Utkin

Jun 29, 2020, 12:00:21 PM6/29/20
to Jenkins Users
Might it be you are using spot instances for that?
Then they can really go down randomly and it's expected, it's how AWS EC2 spot instances work.