upgrade jenkins from 1.6 to 2.206

Antonio Prado

Nov 27, 2019, 5:48:37 PM11/27/19
to Jenkins Users
Can you please tell me, if for me to upgrade from one version to another, all I have to do is,
download the war file,
place it in the same location as previously,
restart Jenkins?

I did do this process, however, it keeps on creating a new directory (you can see in the configuration form).

thank you,
./Antonio/.

Slide

Nov 27, 2019, 8:03:38 PM11/27/19
to Jenkins User Mailing List
Going from 1.6 to 2.206 is not really a good idea. That is several years difference.

Antonio Prado

Nov 27, 2019, 8:35:54 PM11/27/19
to Jenkins Users
any guideline on this upgrade?

from example, going from 1.6 to 2.0 first
then 2.0 to 2.206?

or any other step in between?

thank you,
./Antonio/.

On Wed, Nov 27, 2019, 15:48 Antonio Prado <antoniot...@gmail.com> wrote:
Can you please tell me, if for me to upgrade from one version to another, all I have to do is,
download the war file,
place it in the same location as previously,
restart Jenkins?

I did do this process, however, it keeps on creating a new directory (you can see in the configuration form).

thank you,
./Antonio/.

Slide

Nov 27, 2019, 9:55:03 PM11/27/19
to Jenkins User Mailing List
Do you have a lot of configuration in your 1.6 install? If not, it might be best to start fresh and recreate things. If you do, it might be best to go to 2.0 first and then upgrade, or maybe some other intermediate steps along the way. I'm not sure there is a current recommended approach to moving across that large of a gap in versions.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/9ebd2009-ace7-47d4-a3e0-762b5047c445%40googlegroups.com.