Jenkins compatibility with subversion plugin

bharat joshi

Sep 19, 2017, 7:07:29 AM9/19/17
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com

I am using jenkins version

1.534

Can any one please help me out with what will be the compatible version of Subversion plugin for the same

Regards
Bharat Joshi

Slide

Sep 19, 2017, 8:46:42 AM9/19/17
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
The plugin manager will only show versions that are compatible with the version of Jenkins you are running. Is there a reason you are using a version that is so old?

Artur Szostak

Oct 2, 2017, 7:49:14 AM10/2/17
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
I will chip in since I am also using a very old Jenkins version, and suspect it might be a similar reason.
My experience has shown that for our larger setup it is highly problematic to upgrade Jenkins. Every single time I upgraded I had to spend days on end trying to workaround bugs and new incompatibilities that were introduced. I ended up just freezing on 1.565.1 which gave the least problems at the time.
In short, the reason to use an old Jenkins versions is that the upgrade procedure is too costly.

Cheers

Artur