how to obfuscate login page?

Harald Dunkel

Jun 17, 2020, 1:18:20 AM6/17/20
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks,

how can I obfuscate Jenkins' login page? I don't want everybody
to know that its a Jenkins prior to login.

IMHO its an unlucky design decision to run the user web interface
and the webhook interface on the same port number. I wouldn't have
to open the user web interface to the world outside, if not for the
webhooks coming from google cloud. Or did I miss something here?

Every helpful comment is highly appreciated

Harri

Gian Maxera

Jun 17, 2020, 2:24:48 AM6/17/20
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
We had the same issue.
We solved putting a reverse proxy just for the webhooks.
In this way, nothing is exposed public but just the necessary for the webhook

A tiny machine with Nginx using proxy_pass directive does the trick.

Cheers,
Gianluca