Active Directory authentication + Build agents

Daniel Becroft

Aug 11, 2017, 1:36:00 AM8/11/17
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Hopefully this is a quick question.

We are currently moving to Active Directory authentication for Jenkins (as we can't get emails to send to our developers unless Jenkins knows about them now). Our plan is to create a group in AD (JenkinsUsers), put everyone into that group, and then give the permissions to that group.

Our build slaves are (mostly) configured to run as Windows Services under generic accounts. Do the account that those slaves run under need to be included in that group? Does that account get authenticated/authorized in any way? Or are the agent user accounts a separate area.

Cheers,
Daniel B.

Ivo Bellin Salarin

Aug 19, 2017, 10:54:33 AM8/19/17
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com

What are you willing to do with the build accounts?

Daniel Beck

Aug 25, 2017, 3:21:15 AM8/25/17
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com

> On 11. Aug 2017, at 07:35, Daniel Becroft <djcbe...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Our build slaves are (mostly) configured to run as Windows Services under generic accounts. Do the account that those slaves run under need to be included in that group? Does that account get authenticated/authorized in any way? Or are the agent user accounts a separate area.

Whatever local account a node runs as determines what you can do with it (For example which files to access/modify), but otherwise it doesn't matter for Jenkins. User authentication is unrelated.