Jenkins Windows Download 503 Error

Jack

Nov 12, 2020, 1:20:18 PM11/12/20
to Jenkins Users
Hello,

I am attempting to download Jenkins for Windows (either .war or .msi) from jenkins.io/download and am receiving the following error:

Is the server hosting the download files currently down? The site was working well for me 24 hrs ago.

Curious to know if anyone else is experiencing this issue as well.

Marky Jackson

Nov 12, 2020, 1:22:57 PM11/12/20
to jenkinsci-users
The infra team is currently looking in to this

signature.asc

Jack

Nov 12, 2020, 4:10:20 PM11/12/20
to Jenkins Users
Do you know why this might be happening? Wondering if others are seeing the issue too

Alan Sparks

Nov 12, 2020, 4:24:41 PM11/12/20
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com

I am seeing various issues.  Saw the 503, and socket timeouts.  Pending update on plugin “Conditional Buildstep,”  but can’t download.  Going to the plugin page and selecting about any of the most recent versions gets a “not found” error.

-Alan

Mark Waite

Nov 12, 2020, 4:25:50 PM11/12/20
to Jenkins Users
On Thu, Nov 12, 2020 at 2:10 PM Jack <jackfe...@gmail.com> wrote:
Do you know why this might be happening? Wondering if others are seeing the issue too

We see what is happening.  Azure storage timeouts are blocking access to data that answers download requests.

We don't know the root cause why it is happening.  That's what the infrastructure team is investigating.

Others are definitely seeing the issue.  We have reports on twitter, Gitter, Reddit, and IRC.

Mark Waite

Alan Sparks

Nov 13, 2020, 11:03:33 AM11/13/20
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com

Any updates today on the download issues?  Have a couple of plugin updates that won’t complete.

Checked Internet connectivity from Jenkins, seems to be OK.

java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 502 for URL: https://get.jenkins.io/plugins/conditional-buildstep/1.4.0/conditional-buildstep.hpi

java.net.SocketTimeoutException: connect timed out

Nov 13, 2020, 11:04:36 AM11/13/20
to Jenkins User Mailing List
The issue is still being worked on.

Mark Waite

Nov 14, 2020, 2:40:49 PM11/14/20
to Jenkins Users
Issue is now resolved with a short term change to use a server that does not rely on the storage that is having a problem.