Jenkins on AIX

Fancy Yendrembam

Dec 28, 2017, 8:07:52 AM12/28/17
to Jenkins Users
I am looking for a download package for AIX,  can someone help me with the information.
Thanks.

Mark Waite

Dec 28, 2017, 8:35:40 AM12/28/17
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
You'll be much better served by installing the Jenkins server on a Linux computer or a Windows computer, then configure a Jenkins agent to run on the AIX machine.

That will allow you to run jobs that are specific to AIX, without having to be on the "bleeding edge" of discovering all the interesting ways that the IBM JRE is enough different than the Oracle JRE that it affects Jenkins behavior.

Mark Waite

On Thu, Dec 28, 2017 at 6:07 AM Fancy Yendrembam <yfa...@gmail.com> wrote:
I am looking for a download package for AIX,  can someone help me with the information.
Thanks.

Oleg Nenashev

Dec 31, 2017, 3:33:56 AM12/31/17
to Jenkins Users
+1 to Mark's response. Jenkins project formally supports IBM Java, but we do not run actively test it and cleanup issues.
You can find a list of known issues here: https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/issues/?jql=labels%20%3D%20java-ibm

BR, Oleg