Question on behaviour of workflow-multibranch-plugin when building pull requests

Christian....@continental-corporation.com

Apr 18, 2018, 11:28:35 AM4/18/18
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I stumbled over a behaviour that I do not quite understand.

In our organisation we have a couple of Jenkins master running. Mixed
between Linux based and Windows based masters.
We have one Java application repository where the responsible team created
a Jenkins Multibranch Pipeline project on a Linux master. On this
environment the build of pull requests runs w/o problems. This job was now
moved to a Windows based Jenkins master and we see the following problems
with the pull requests:

hudson.plugins.git.GitException: Command "git checkout -f
a2e753c586b2dbf4ea2a101d49dcaa9cf0710147" returned status code 128:
stdout:
stderr: error: unable to create file <path to file>: Filename too long

Builds for existing branches on the other hand can successfully run on
both instances.
The main difference I saw is that for the pull request build the
repository is initially checked out on master:
Checking out git <our github enterprise instance> into
D:\casdev\.jenkins\workspace\vel_sw.tool.cofmk_gen_PR-22-JEYJ4XXNXUAUGONVULFEJEDR366W2SMKOHDDE7J4CPPY7OCPAJSQ@script
to read Jenkinsfile

Whereas the master branch build does not perform this checkout on the
Jenkins master.

Could you let me know if this is the expected behaviour and if you are
aware of any possible workarounds?

Mit freundlichen Gruessen/Best regards,

Christian Beushausen
I S&T PD SW SWF
Interior Systems & Technology

Besucheradresse / Visitor address:
Continental Automotive GmbH
Philipsstrasse 1, 35576 Wetzlar, Germany

Rechnungsadresse / Invoice address:
Continental Automotive GmbH
Philipsstrasse 1, 35576 Wetzlar, Germany

Telefon/Phone: +49 6441 370-9031
Mobile: +49 151 74660227
Telefax: +49 6441 37013-9031
E-Mail: Christian....@continental-corporation.com

http://www.continental-automotive.com

Continental Automotive GmbH, Vahrenwalder Str. 9, D-30165 Hannover
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats/Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Helmut
Matschi
Geschaeftsfuehrer/Managing Director: Georg Sistermanns, Harald Stuhlmann
Sitz der Gesellschaft/Registered Office: Hannover
Registergericht/Registered Court: Amtsgericht Hannover, HRB 59424
USt.-ID-Nr./VAT-ID-No. DE814950663

Proprietary and confidential. Distribution only by express authority of
Continental AG or its subsidiaries.

Mark Waite

Apr 18, 2018, 12:30:31 PM4/18/18
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com