Choice picker is recently broken?

Giles Orr

Oct 15, 2020, 5:20:20 PM10/15/20
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
When a user starts a deployment on our Jenkins host, they can check a
checkbox if they want to be able to pick the SVN revision number
deployed. If they do, our scripted pipeline uses
ChoiceParameterDefinition to ingest a list of possible revisions. The
deploy pauses, and the user hovers their pointer over the stage box to
bring up the picker selection tool. At least, this was all working
until quite recently. Now, the stage pauses to wait for the
selection, but the selection tool doesn't appear - on hover, on click,
at all. The deploy works fine without the revision picker, but this
limits our choices.

As this was working last week, and is not working this week, I'm
assuming that the upgrades I applied on Friday were the cause.
Jenkins was upgraded from 2.249.1 to 2.249.2, and I think this is the
likeliest cause, but several plugins (GitHub Branch Source, Jackson 2
API, JUnit, Pipeline: REST API, Pipeline: Stage View, Plugin Utilities
API, and Slack Notifications) were also updated. Jenkins offers the
option to downgrade back to 2.249.1.

I'm checking in to ask if this is a known problem, if downgrading is a
good idea, if I should file a bug report (and if so, where). Thanks.

[I'm aware that pausing during a stage isn't considered good form, and
let's not even start on what's wrong with SVN ... you work with what
you got.]

--
Giles
https://www.gilesorr.com/

Mark Waite

Oct 15, 2020, 6:46:50 PM10/15/20
to Jenkins Users
Seems like you're describing https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-63892 - Missing pipeline input hover in stage view

Alternatives for now seem to be to switch to a previous version of pipeline stage view and accept the low contrast background or stay with the current and open the console log to reach the pause prompt.