.NET 4.8.x and win 2016 Failure to install slave as service -> Possible Bug?

dana...@gmail.com

Aug 27, 2020, 10:21:56 AM8/27/20
to Jenkins Users
Hi All,

Here is a fuzzy bug (maybe) for ya.

- Just installed a fresh Win 2016 Server.
- Installed java latest
- Set up a new jenkins slave in my Jenkins Master
- I get this error when trying to install as a service:
".NET Framework 2.0 or later is required for this feature"
- I go and install latest .NET sdk 4.8.x
- I try again to install as a service and i get the same error again

Did any of you encounter this weird behavior?

P.S> Multiple windows restarts also done, just in case: )

Thank you,
Dan

christop...@googlemail.com

Aug 27, 2020, 10:30:07 AM8/27/20
to Jenkins Users
Maybe Framework != SDK
Have a look:

Regards,
Christoph

Mark Waite

Aug 27, 2020, 10:35:33 AM8/27/20
to Jenkins Users
Refer to  https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-63223 where it suggests that you may need to edit a configuration file in the agent directory to remove the line that refers to Microsoft.NET 2.x.

If that is the issue in your case, it would be great to have a comment on that issue that says you've seen it as well.

Dan zaWhite

Aug 27, 2020, 11:05:39 AM8/27/20
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
@Christoph: I installed the framework, as  i normally do
@Mark: I will upgrade jenkins this weekend and I will see if i encounter any issues. Until then i will quickly spin up another win 20016 and install .NET 4.6 and see if that works (the same as existing windows slaves)

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Jenkins Users" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/CAO49JtFbsPwc0cHzrwfA_3Jqv8kKQSiyf4ZbsjYm4gf%2B87hjXw%40mail.gmail.com.

BCT Roel de Wildt

Aug 28, 2020, 4:49:52 AM8/28/20
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

You need to enable .NET Framework 3.5 for .NET Framework 2.x/3.x support.

Kind regards,

Roel

Dan zaWhite

Aug 28, 2020, 5:31:04 AM8/28/20
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
@Roel : Thak you for the feedback. I did exactly that this morning and it seems that was the issue all along :)

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Jenkins Users" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/199E247AC0B52945AC9C5CA0041D807F39656D80%40EXCH001.bct.local.