Jenkins is not starting when i install Environment Injector Plugin using manage plugin

Rakesh Singh

Jan 10, 2020, 3:16:50 PM1/10/20
to Jenkins Users
Hi All,

I am facing some issues when i start the jenkins for maven project.
I have install the Environment Injector Plugin using manage jenkins and restart the jenkins.
i have found these error:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: jenkins.model.Jenkins.getActiveInstance()Ljenkins/model/Jenkins;
at org.jenkinsci.plugins.envinject.EnvInjectComputerListener.isActiveSlave(EnvInjectComputerListener.java:181)
at org.jenkinsci.plugins.envinject.EnvInjectComputerListener.onOnline(EnvInjectComputerListener.java:154)
at jenkins.model.Jenkins.<init>(Jenkins.java:845)
at hudson.model.Hudson.<init>(Hudson.java:81)
at hudson.model.Hudson.<init>(Hudson.java:77)
at hudson.WebAppMain$2.run(WebAppMain.java:214)

I have many times to restart the jenkins server but no effect.
Please suggest me for how to remove this plugin or start the jenkins.

Regards

Rakesh Singh

Mark Waite

Jan 10, 2020, 3:23:22 PM1/10/20
to Jenkins Users
You didn't provide enough information for others to provide effective help.

Some of the questions you need to answer before others can help you are things like:
  • What version of Jenkins are you using?  If it is older than Jenkins 1.590, then the getActiveInstance method did not yet exist.  Run a current version of Jenkins
  • What version of the EnvInject plugin did you install?  If it is not the current version, then try the current version
  • How did you install the plugin?  If not through the plugin manager user interface, then please use the plugin manager user interface.  It safeguards many common issues
Some of the details for removing a plugin are mentioned in https://stackoverflow.com/questions/4965235/how-do-i-uninstall-a-plugin-from-jenkins-hudson .  You might also refer to https://wiki.jenkins.io/display/JENKINS/Removing+and+disabling+plugins for instructions.

Thanks!
Mark Waite