Scheduling the job to wait for license to be available

Sharoon Mohideen

Jan 11, 2020, 7:19:05 AM1/11/20
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have only a single license of the tool which is running in one of the agent.
Suppose, I commit to the shared repository which triggers the sequence of stages by Jenkins declarative pipeline, with one of the stage use the above said tool (with one license).

Another team member subsequently (say after 10 minutes) made changes to the shared repository which triggers the same sequence of stages.

Since the execution of tool from my commit is still in progress, is there a way to queue the second request of the tool till the first request is finished.

Thanks and regards,
Sharoon

Mark Waite

Jan 11, 2020, 7:24:49 AM1/11/20
to Jenkins Users
I think you want the lockable resources plugin.   https://plugins.jenkins.io/lockable-resources

Thanks!
Mark Waite

Sharoon Mohideen

Jan 11, 2020, 1:16:46 PM1/11/20
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Thank you very much Mark. I will try with this plugin.